Vicious by L.J. ShenMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This was my very first read from L.J. Shen, and I can say without a doubt, it will not be my last. Vicious is such a man nasty douchebag...that I loved. I just do not know what it is. Maybe it was the fact that no fucks were given for him being such a cold hearted asshole. I mean you can't really find fault in someone that owns their shit. Emilia was his punching bag (verbal) for a little bit, and let herself get exiled by him. 10 years later they meet again, and he is still the same unabashed asshole he was in high school.
Through a lot of manipulation he gets Emilia(or as he calls her "Help") to work for him as a PA. He has ulterior motives, and she knows it, but she does it anyway. Emilia has gotten to be a strong woman in the 10 years since she last save Vicious and I like to think he wasn't prepared for that. This book was dark, sultry, and hot as a skillet in your mama's kitchen. Anyone looking for a fast paced, gritty novel, with an unabashed asshole...this is your book. Totally a must read.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment