Tuesday, February 7, 2017

New Release! London Lovers Boxset by Amy Daws

Title: London Lovers: Volume One
Author: Amy Daws
Release Date: Feb 7, 2017
Add to TBR


Sexy British heroes, bold American heroines, and one outrageous and opinionated ginger combine to create this steamy international incident.

Grab the hot and humorous new series that bloggers are calling, "The perfect blend of drama, comedy, romance, and heat. A must read series unlike any other.

A sexy and emotional college prequel based in the States lands in the heart of London as Finley flies across the pond to live with her best friend, Leslie. Together, they meet the painfully irresistible Liam and the broodingly mysterious Theo.

These two blokes have Finley and Leslie sweating in their onesie pajamas as they push for more than just one night of fun. Meanwhile, Finley’s college sweetheart, Brody, isn’t so easily left behind at home.

Escape to London with this bundle of three steamy, full-length novels chock full of old flames, secrets, and embarrassing encounters. Will these two childhood best friends find their London lovers? Or will their pasts prevent them from putting their hearts at risk?

  


My review of the Books in the Boxset
London lovers Boxset
Becoming Us, Broken US, and London Bound
Becoming US.
I loved Brody and Fin’s a whole. The story was somewhat chaotic and unpredictable. I loved Brody's little notes, but I also think he tended toward the obsessive side. He seemed to have painted Fin with the same brush as his ex-girlfriends and it was somewhat of a turn off.  I think  Fin was a total flake, and kept explaining everything, saying “Oh I’m in college”, what I do like about her though, is she really doesn’t care what people think other than her two best friends, she finds her crush in bed with an acquaintance and decides she doesn’t need all that mess in her life. She wasn't afraid to be a goof, or say what she was thinking, certainly not a pushover or a whiny heroine, which I totally dislike. 
I really didn’t get what role Jake had in this story, other than to give it a little depth. The more I read this book the more I loved it, so I just had to give it a little patience and it paid off. By the end of this story I was deeply invested with the characters, and couldn’t wait to read the next story.
Broken Us
This is part two in Finley and Brody’s love story originally this book came first and Becoming us was the prequel. I'm glad I was able to read the series in the right order, as I felt more invested in the characters especially Brody.
The end of the first book left us with a cliffhanger, but that is because it was written after the sequel. This book continues straight after Finley has received some devastating news, news she feels that because of Brody will no longer want her. Her answer is to leave Brody and start over in London, I really do not like when authors do this, it’s not realistic, but then again it is the author’s freedom to allow them to write as they see the story unfold.  She ends up living with best friend Lesley and her friend Frank, and that leads to some memorable moments.  There is a HEA, and I am not giving it away!LOL
London Bound
London Bound is the third book in the box set and I really enjoyed it. This was a story about friendships, and love that last a life time. It can definitely be read as a standalone, however I feel like reading the first two books can really be helpful in understanding all the characters.

This is the story of Theo and Leslie. Of course all characters in books can be a bit frustrating like Leslie kept rejecting Theo, and that hurt him, and made me want to smack the mess out of her! I was really rooting for Theo to make it through her barriers, and I like is that  he kept at it and never gave up on her, which really made me like him a lot more. Leslie does have redeeming qualities; however, she is super witty, sometimes crass (in my book that is not bad) even though she can be labeled as a handful. There is no cliffhanger with this book and you will get your HEA.




The audio for Amy's latest sports romance release just went LIVE!
Check out this standalone sexy sport rom com today!

Camden Harris, the famously hot, hulk of a footballer is laid up in a London hospital. But his busted knee doesn't stop him from running his well-practiced game on Indie Porter - his redheaded spitfire of a doctor. She's not his type, not even close. But she could be the perfect distraction from the soul-crushing damage this injury could cost him.

Get Challenge on Audio Today or Read FREE in KU!

 


Amy Daws is a lover of all things British, and her London-based love stories bring the incredible city to life on every page. Read all about hot British men, hilarious American heroines, and an unforgettable, original ensemble cast that pulls out all of the feels.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment