Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Anguished by T.L. Smith

Title: Anguished
Series: Crimson Elite #2
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Romance (standalone)
Release Date: February 19, 2019




It wasn’t meant to be this way—she shouldn’t have fallen for my brother and left me for him. But she did. And now I’m left to pick up the pieces of my shattered, broken heart. And to top it off, they want me to come to their wedding. Do they think I’m a pushover? Do they think of me as a joke? The old saying stands true, ‘why have enemies when you can have family.’
I understand it now, better than I ever have in my life.
There’s one unexpected surprise though, Storm. She blew in just like one and makes the pain diminish. She’s exactly as her name describes her—she is a storm. A beautiful and powerful one.
But not all things are meant to last. Like a storm that wreaks havoc, some things cause anguish, and in my life she may very well be one of them.



 

I have been anxiously awaiting Echo's story since meeting him in Cavalier. I just knew, without a doubt, that I would absolutely love this beautiful and tormented soul.

Echo hasn't had an easy go at life. He is the black sheep of his family. Nothing he does is ever good enough and honestly he is sick of trying. He will never measure up to his golden boy twin brother. His one constant in life besides his best friends is Serena, the love of his life. At least until she decides to dump him for his brother. Feeling lost and betrayed, he turns to the bottle to help dull the pain.

One night, while out at the club, he meets Storm and there is an immediate attraction. After some flirting, they end up in one of the back rooms having sizzling hot sex. Both having been burned in relationships recently, neither are looking for more than just the one night. In fact, as soon as they finish, Storms rushes off before Echo can even get her name. That's unfortunate too because he can't stop thinking about her and decides he must see her again.

Storm is a feisty, sassy and strong-willed redhead. She knew what she wanted and that's exactly what she got. One night with a sexy guy for some fun, no strings attached sex. When she gets home, she discovers that her ID is nowhere to be found. She begins to worry that Echo may have found it and she will be forced to face him once again. He was a ten. The best she's ever had. Will she be able to resist his allure when she seem him again?

Anguished is a story that is full of angst, family drama, a crazy ex and some steamy hot sexy times. What Echo & Storm have is an explosive, all-consuming love and I couldn't help but to fall head over heels for them. Well done T.L. Smith! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.

SIGNATURE_JPEG

Let me start by saying Echo is my favorite character to date. Love him. Love this book. I couldn't read it fast enough, didn't want it to end. Storm was the perfect match for him. This is NOT the dark stuff T.L. Smith is really known for. No dark here. This is all contemporary romance. It's nice to see authors step out of their boxes, and this is no exception. While it's not her darker stuff it is nevertheless enjoyable. The pace was perfect, it was well thought out, and the chemistry was amazing. Storm is a heroine that has steel balls and she isn't afraid of what she wants. It's a good mix. This story is told in dual pov.






HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment