Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Conceited by T.L. Smith

Title: Conceited
Series: Crimson Elite Book 3
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Romance (standalone)
Release Date: April 16, 2019




Ariel



I would like to say we were old lovers. That once upon a time he was my everything, and I was his, but that would be a lie. He may have been mine, but I wasn’t his. I was his sister’s annoying little friend who he didn’t even know was in love with him.
Years later, after seeing him again for the first time, nothing has changed. Except now he notices me, and I will do everything in my power to avoid him. Because Falcon is the most conceited man on this planet, and because when he looks at me with steel eyes, my heart still misses a beat.
Falcon
I get what I want, and I’m never denied anything either. It’s my charm. It’s hard to say no to something you never knew you desired until I’m standing in front of you. That’s not just who I am, it’s what I do. I help men achieve everything they have ever wanted.
Most people would go to great lengths to be near me. Yet, my sweet Ariel, I can’t even get her to stay in the same room as me. Maybe it’s because I told her I would be the best lay of her life—that has to be it—and once I’m finished with her, she’s avoiding being disappointed by every other man for the rest of her life.
It couldn’t possibly be anything else, because let’s face it, I’m perfect.

I have never read a T.L. Smith book that I haven't loved. I really enjoy her writing style, and just like the previous two books, Conceited will keep you riveted to its pages. I couldn't put this one down and read it all in one sitting. The two leads had explosive chemistry and absolutely burned up the pages. The plot was fast-paced and intriguing. I loved every single thing about this novel!

Falcon is one of the four owners of the Crimson Elite sex club. He is smoking hot, witty and very full of himself. He is the playboy of the group and it's well known that he never sleeps with a woman more than once. He has never wanted to until her.

Ariel is a reporter and best friends with Falcon's sister. As a teenager, she had a massive crush on him. But when she made her move, she was rejected leaving her heartbroken and full of hate. She has successfully avoided him for years, but her current story put her right in his path. She's older now, sexier than ever and he has definitely taken notice. 

Trying to get her first big break, Ariel pursues the rumors of an elite sex club in the city. The place is exclusive and the members are sworn to secrecy. Nobody is to know the location or anything that goes on behind closed doors. If any secrets are spilled, the consequences are severe and usually paid with their life. When Ariel gets too close, the deadly games begin and she soon finds herself in danger. Will Falcon turn against the club in order to save her life?

Conceited is a story full angst, suspense, danger and steamy hot sexy times. I absolutely loved it! This author's books are always so intense and filled with delicious darkness. I am drawn to the dark and depraved like a moth is to a flame. This is definitely not one of her darker books, but I still enjoyed every second of it. 5 Dangerously Delicious Stars!

SIGNATURE_JPEG


Gah this series just gets better and better. I love every freaking word in this book. Falcon met his match in Ariel, and I love, love, love it. The story was a tad dark, nothing like other books by this author, but for sure the darkest of the series. The by play between the characters, the pace of the book, the overall vibe is just really working for me. This is told in dual pov, so you really get to know both characters and their mindset. Do yourself a favor and read this book. I know you won't be sorry, and I wouldn't steer you wrong.

My-GRsiggy






 
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment