Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fearless King by Maya Hughes



Title: Fearless King
Author: Maya Hughes
Genre: New Adult Romance
Cover Design: Najla Qamber, Qamber Designs
Release Date: May 30, 2019
BLURB
My first crush. My first heartbreak. My brother’s best friend.
The butterflies in my stomach turned into full blown eagles the second our lips touched. A kiss under the stars that changed our relationship forever.
After a lifetime of wishing, I stared up into Ford’s eyes with his fingers caressing my cheek and my heart racing.
The evening ended with my heart bleeding on the ballroom floor.
He destroyed my heart two years ago...but now he wants back in my life.
This time I won’t fall under his spell. I’ll resist his sexy, scruffy beard, and panty-melting smirk.
I thought I was over him. Hell, I fully planned to wave to him through my rearview mirror...but with one text, in the middle of the night, I know I'm in over my head.

Ford: I need you.

Review:
Gah! Fearless King is a fantastic angst filled, emotional slow-burn romance that completely captured my heart. I have been waiting for Ford's book for some time now, and it went above and beyond my expectations. I absolutely loved it! 

Ford is the most quiet and reserved of the Kings. He's the type of guy that tries to fly under the radar when it comes to his fans. He's a pro hockey player, but he doesn't care about the fame that comes with it. To him, he's just going out there and doing what he's good at and what he loves. And being able to do that with his close friends is a bonus. 

He and Colm have been best friends for some time now, so he's watched as Colm's little sister Olivia grew up. Colm and Olivia lost their parents in a tragic accident some years back, so it's always been the two of them against the world. Ford has always looked at her like a sister and helped watch out for her over the years. But all of that changed two years ago while at a mutual friend's wedding. Now she is all grown up and he can't stop thinking about her.

Olivia has had a crush on Ford since she was a kid. She would always follow her brother and his friends around just to be close to him. Now she finally has her chance, and the two of them share a magical kiss. One of those kisses that sets the bar high for anyone else. After the kiss, the two of them make plans only for the night to take a drastic turn for the worst. Will they be able to find their way back from this?

I absolutely devoured this book, from the very first word to the very last. Then I sat there wishing the story wasn't over, wishing I could stay within this world...with these characters...just a little longer. Fearless King is proof that Maya Hughes can write humor, heart and angst in a perfect harmony. I could go on and on about this story, the author and how much I loved each word that I read. I loved it that much. This is easily a top read of 2019 for me, and hopefully will capture your heart as it did mine.

SIGNATURE_JPEG

The Fearless King short, The Wedding Kiss is complete! Read it today: http://bit.ly/WeddingKiss4
Author Bio
Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.
I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.

Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment