Monday, August 31, 2020

Grave by Shantel Tessier

 

Release Date: August 31 


GRAVE 
My life went to hell years ago, and I've had a death wish since then with fast cars, women, and drugs. They don’t call me Grave for nothing! 

But I do it because I need to feel something... anything. 

What’s life worth living for without the high? 

And then I saw her! 

She’s too good for me, and I should stay away. But like any addict, I switch one drug for another, and I’ll be taking her to hell with me. 

APRIL 
I’m anything but sweet, despite what people think, so when he tells me I’m too good for him and I’m better off without him, I don't listen. 

My life was simple before Grave stepped through that door, but who wants simple? 
He makes me feel alive. It only took one touch, and I became addicted! 

But therein lies the problem. 

Addiction is Grave’s middle name, and when he tells me he’s taking me to hell with him, I don’t know whether to take that as a threat or a promise!

Grab Your Copy Here:

Review:
Grave is the second full length novel in the Dark Kings series by Shantel Tessier. This is Grave and April's story, which is spoken in multiple POV's. We first met Grave in Code of Silence and then again in Titan. Now Grave can be read as a standalone, but to get a better understanding of these characters, I would highly recommend reading the other two novels first.

My poor little heart ached for Grave. When he was a teen, he lost his mother, the only woman that he had ever loved. This really took a toll on him. Then he was stuck dealing with a father who was completely heartless. On top of that, his relationship with his older brother began to suffer. All of this left him feeling lost and alone, so he turned to alcohol, drugs, sex and fighting in order to mask the pain. As it turned out, all he needed was the love of a good woman. Someone to believe in him and fight for him.

April was in college when her mother passed away. Due to this, she had to drop out and move back home in order to take care of her wild and reckless younger brother. Not only that, she had to take over the family business, a flower shop called Roses. This was a lot of responsibility that left her both busy and often stressed out. But then one day a sexy, tattooed man with a heart of gold came into her shop and forever changed her world.

I absolutely loved Grave and April. She was the light to his darkness. She loved him deeply and was bound and determined to help him slay his demons. Their relationship was far from easy, but they were exactly what each other needed. The connection between them was instant and their chemistry was sizzling hot. But there were a lot of obstacles that had to be overcome. Thankfully they had their family and friends to help them along the way.

All in all, Grave is a fantastic addition to this emotional, raw and gritty series. The author does a wonderful job to illustrate the struggles that addicts deal with as well as how it affects the people around them. This story definitely tugs at your heart strings. It really packs a punch and I loved each and every second of it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books, but this one completely captured my heart. Grave and April are EVERYTHING! If only I could give this 10 stars I would. Well done Shantel!

SIGNATURE_JPEG


Meet Shantel Tessier


Shantel is a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with her high school sweetheart, who is a wonderful, supportive husband and their two daughters. She loves to spend time cuddled up on the couch with a good book.

She considers herself extremely lucky to get to be a stay at home wife and mother. Going to concerts and the movies are just a few of her favorite things to do. She hates coffee, but loves wine. She and her husband are both huge football fans, college and NFL. And she has to feed her high heel addiction by shopping for shoes weekly.

Although she has a passion to write, her family is most important to her. She loves spending evenings at home with her husband and daughters, along with their cats and dogs.

Connect with Shantel Tessier


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment