Friday, October 15, 2021

Varsity Captain by Ginger Scott

 



NOW AVAILABLE

Varsity Captain by Ginger Scott, a new mature YA coming of age sports romance, is LIVE! 

One-Click yours and don’t forget to add it to your TBR!





One-Click here: https://books2read.com/VarsityCaptain

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58576859-varsity-captain


Blurb:

June Mabee is a lot of things. 
She’s the girl next door.
She’s the best friend I ever had.
She was my first kiss, as awkward as it was.
And she’s the last person I should have feelings for. Ever.


Two years ago, I cut all ties with her because I had no choice. No more late night phone calls, no hellos or goodbyes, not even a passing smile. I left her to wonder what happened to the us we used to be. We were best friends, and then suddenly…we weren’t. And I know it hurt. But the truth would have hurt her more, and being anything with June would have destroyed my family. 


For a while, we managed to exist a hundred feet apart with no connection at all. She changed schools. I kept busy. We existed, apart. But no matter how hard I tried to not think about her, I just couldn’t stay away from the funny, adventurous, steadfast girl with wild green eyes. 


She’s back. We’re seniors now. We’ve grown—all of us. And while I might be different, she’s different too. She takes risks, stands up for herself and doesn’t back down. The more we’re forced together, the more I miss her. But for June to be a part of my story, I need to tell her the whole truth, everything that happened. And I’m not sure any of us are ready for that. 

Review:
Great book, I like to know the story from every point of view, and this didn't disappoint. Hey it was a chance to revisit Lucas and June. Lucas, in his pov, certainly doesn't come off as a too sympathetic character, he seemed more so from June's pov. That being said he had a reason for everything, he is a teenager after all. The characters are a little more fleshed out this go around, and certainly more relatable. It was nice to see the interactions between Lucas and Tory, that we didn't get from June's book. All in all great story.




Find more books by Ginger Scott here: www.littlemisswrite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment