Thursday, December 14, 2023

Tough Soul By Blake Black

 



Tough Soul, a why choose romance from Blake Black is available now!

Pick up your copy today to binge the Momento Virere Duet today!



One Click Your Copy Today!

Cover Designer: Ariadna Basulto with Chaotic Creatives




Blurb:


He almost killed me this time.

Almost.

All the struggles have made me tough, but I will come back stronger.

Opening up did not go as planned, and my feelings are all over the place. I finally found someone to rely on, someone who is made for me.

So why can’t I stop thinking about his two best friends?

Despite all the warnings, my search for the truth continues. I need to know what happened the night my parents died, even if it means I might meet the same fate.

With hints of involvement from people I least expect, I will have to fight harder than ever for myself and my family. And if I fail… the consequences could be deadly.

Is my need for justice worth jeopardizing my new life? Or will my path to the truth be the last twist of the knife?


Tough Soul is book two in the Momento Vivere Duet and cannot be read as a standalone.


Trigger Warnings:


The triggers for this duet include physical and psychological abuse, graphic violence, homophobic actions, fatphobia (both from outside the harem and Carolina's internalized thoughts about herself), and on page murder. Knives and guns are mentioned and used. The FMC is plus sized and struggles with binge eating disorder, she often relies on food for solace. You don’t have to be plus size to binge eat and binge eating does not forcibly lead to being plus size. But in Carolina's case food is her coping mechanism. She is plus size her whole life. She has no friends and finds comfort in food. Carolina gets bullied (only from outside the harem) for being plus size. This is a reverse harem where the FMC will end up with three love interests. The duet is intended for readers aged eighteen and above. It’s a MMFM reverse harem, two of the guys are in a loving relationship with each other.

Review:

Absoluetly one of my favorite duets. The characters are so refreshing, and interesting. I loved the layers to Carolina, she wasnt helpless, yet she was, she took on responsibilies that she never had to, but did because she is a strong character. I loved the complexities of the guys relationsships with each other, whether they were romantically involved or just best friends. The mystery of who done it, was another layer to this awesome duet. I honestly could NOT stop reading. I only stopped for work and some sleep.
The complexities of the characters, and the world they lived in, was done with such finese, I cannot explain how much I loved it. The danger part was not over the top, but very real. There are trigger warnings for this story, please heed them. The author isn't trying to traumatize anyone, so take care of yourself if you have a more sensative nature. Told in multiple POV, I could not get enough of this story.






Author Bio:


Blake Black is a debut author with a passion for the reverse harem genre.


As an avid reader and film buff, Blake often found herself questioning why heroines were forced to choose between love interests – why not choose both, or all?


When she’s not crafting her next spicy scene, Blake loves to drive her convertible, soaking in the beauty of nature.


Powered by her favorite energy drinks, she often writes deep into the night, creating stories filled with trauma, healing, and love that illuminates even the darkest corners.


Author Links: https://bio.site/blakeblack




No comments:

Post a Comment