Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review: Retreat

Retreat Retreat by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What isn't there to like about a Jay Crownover book? This was her first indie release in 4 years, and I would say she did beyond awesome with it. The story line was so out of her element, she truly made it her bitch. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story, I love all the characters, and the secondary characters really helped drive this book. Cyrus, the gruff older brother that is a cowboy yet not...yeah he is my book boyfriend, step away ladies. Leora is fiesty and goes on this trip with bestie to get her balls back. Boy did she get them back. Mayhem ensues. There is a true suspense to this book not seen in other Crownover books.
She fights with Cyrus, and it's kismet that the two would be attracted to each other. The characters are well thought out, and for someone that this is not their comfort zone, she knocked it out of the park as she does with all her work. I won't go into great detail about this book, because I hate reviews with spoilers, but this is a must read book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment